Wednesday, March 10, 2010

GMAC: The Worst of a Bad Bunch

GMAC took the day off today on helping borrowers with "loss mitigation" issues: i.e. thousands of desperate borrowers ripped off with subprime loans, facing foreclosure and subsidizing GMAC's bailout with tax dollars.

Call in mid morning, and a recording indicates that the "recovery department" is closed for training, with the exception of two windows: 8 to 8:45 am., and again from 4 to 4:45pm. Well it's 4:13 pm, and this is the outgoing message: "The recovery department is currently not available for incoming calls."

Truly a superbly managed, customer-centric organization!

Epilogue

At the end of the day, someone actually got back to me. I had placed three calls to the corporate headquarters tel. number, where I asked for the office of the CEO and got a person handling "escalated concerns." They tried to contact the person I was trying to reach, and that mus have helped. At around 4:30 - 5:00 pm, I heard from the guy I was trying to reach. He sent me an email that took care of my problem. The title insurance company had asked for a letter from GMAC stating that GMAC had no objections to other lien holders being paid off as part of the transaction.

No comments:

Post a Comment